Sunday, September 27, 2009

Introduction

I am in a small group training class. This week the trainer wanted us to bring in packages of things we regularly eat. I am lazy when it comes to cooking, so I drink slimfast every morning for breakfast, have lean cuisines every day for lunch, and come up with something for dinner. She didn't like how much processed food I was eating, so she asked me to give it all up for three weeks.

This is my journey of "eating like they did 1,000 years ago". (Her words). It's similar to the whole foods diet, but a little more extreme. Here are some of the guidelines she gave me:

Only whole wheat pasta, and eating quinoa instead, when possible
Oatmeal for breakfast (And not those packets of instant oatmeal! Although, I am opting for oat bran, which is also very high in fiber, healthy, and requires me to prepare it)
No packaged foods, no artifical sweeteners
I can have fat free cheese

I'm going to blog about the journey, and hopefully pass along some good recipes! This is going to be quite a challenge for me, since I rarely cook! Wish me luck!!


Ignore the pudding and graham crackers, they were for a dessert I had to take to a dinner party. The other containers are broth, which I'm not sure is allowed, but I didn't have any idea how to make it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment