Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 1

Knowing how long my days are during the week, I am trying to prepare several things today, so less effort will be required during the week.

I cut up a bunch of veggies for salad, and put them in separate tupperware containers (figuring that they go bad at different rates, I wouldn't want to have to throw out a whole salad just because the lettuce went bad...). So far this entails hearts of romaine, celery, green and yellow bell peppers, tomato. (I had this for lunch, with fat free cheese and vinegar and oil).

I got french onion soup going in the crockpot, this will hopefully last through most of the week. If it's good, I'll post the recipe.

I'm also making salsa. I figure cooking up some ground turkey, quinoa, and salsa might make a tasty combination. I also hope this will last several meals.

I'm struggling with snacks. It seems to be fruit or almonds. I need to come up with some other options. I'd love suggestions! (But remember, has to be prepared myself, and whole grains and natural foods).

No comments:

Post a Comment